CCSU, Spring 2001
CS 110 Term Project
Course: CS 110
Posting Date: April 5, 2001
Due Date: May 8, 2001
What To Do.
Write a complete web site consisting of several linked web pages. You have a choice of writing
Select ONE of the choices above, don't try to write a web site devoted to all of them.
- A personal web site.
- A web site devoted to a topic of interest to you. Examples might be
- A sport
- A singer or actress.
- A musical genre.
- A political topic.
- Any other sort of topic of interest to you.
- A web site for a real or fictional company
How To Do It.
Your web site must display properly in Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 and higher. DO NOT write Netscape specific code.
- At least five (5) separate HTML files.
- At least one (1) frameset including at least two (2) frames.
- At least one (1) table including at least two (2) columns.
- At least one (1) horizontal rule.
- At least one (1) each of a level 1 header, a level 2 header and a level 3 header.
- At least six (6) paragraphs, and at least one page must contain two or more paragraphs.
- At least one (1) instance of text in a color other than black or white.
- At least one (1) instance of a specified font.
- At least one (1) unordered list containing at least two (2) list items.
- At least one (1) ordered list containing at least two (2) list items.
- At least three (3) images.
- At least one (1) background image -- this is an extra image and does not count as one of the three images required above.
- At least one (1) background color.
- At least five (5) links to sites on the internet other than the web site you are writing.
- At least five (5) links to pages on your web site.
How To Hand It In.
Hand in the following in a folder with POCKETS -- you can buy suitable folders for around $1.00 in the campus bookstore:
- Paper copies of your HTML files.
- A disk with copies of your HTML files, image files and sound files.
Class Policies For The Project
- You must NEATLY PRINT YOUR NAME on the folder you hand in.
- You must NEATLY PRINT YOUR NAME on each paper page you hand in.
- HTML and image files must be submitted on a virus-checked disk.
- The disk must contain ONLY the HTML files, image files and sound files for the project, AND NOTHING ELSE.
- The disk must be NEATLY LABELED with the title "CS 110 Final Project" and YOUR NAME.
- Copyright notices for images, music and text must be observed.
- No pornography is allowed.
- While you may get help on the project, YOU MUST DO THE PROJECT YOURSELF.
How The Project Will Be Graded.
Your project will be graded on the following basis:
- Whether you follow the directions for handing it in (see above).
- Whether you follow the class policies for the project (see above).
- Whether it is on time (see above).
- Web site organization.
- Web page style and appearance.
- English style, grammar and spelling (for the text in the pages).
Return to the CS 110 Course Home Page.